- Mukesh Ambani, the chairman of Reliance Industries, has held his position as the richest Indian for the 10th year in a row.
- As per the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2021, India has over 1,000 people spread across 119 cities with a net worth of $1 billion or more.
In addition, both Adani brothers have climbed into the top ten for the first time, and the Hurun India top ten rich list now includes four new names, including businessmen Lakshmi Mittal and Kumar Mangalam Birla.
Perhaps the most recent addition to the list is Jay Chaudhry, the California-based founder of cloud cybersecurity business Zscaler, who cut for the first time.
Hurun India Rich List 2021: Top 10 most extravagant Indians this year
1. (Reliance Industries) Mukesh Ambani: ₹7,18,000 crore total assets
2. Gautam (Adani Group): ₹5,05,900 crore total assets
3. (HCL) Shiv Nadar : ₹2,36,600 crore total assets
4. SP (Hinduja Group): ₹2,20,000 crore total assets
5 . (Arcelor Mittal) Lakshmi Mittal: ₹1,74,400 crore total assets
6. (Serum Institute of India) Cyrus Poonawalla: ₹1,63,700 crore total assets
7. (Avenue Supermarts) Radhakishan Damani: ₹1,54,300 crore total assets
8. Vinod Shantilal (Adani Group): ₹1,31,600 crore total assets
9. (Aditya Birla) Kumar Mangalam Birla: ₹1,22,200 crore total assets
10. (Zscaler) Jay Chaudhry: ₹1,21,600 crore total assets
According to the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2021, India has over 1,000 people spread across 119 cities with a net worth of $1 billion or more. The total abundance in the nation has gone up by 51%, while the normal abundance has likewise expanded by 25%, the report by Hurun India said.
Nonetheless, upwards of 113 individuals saw their abundance go down from the earlier year; there were 51 dropouts from the 2020 rundown, while six people who were up there died.