In the criminal intimidation case against Salman Khan, the court has extended the stay on the summons.

Salman khan
Salman khan

An actor’s summons for alleged misconduct with a journalist in 2019 was prolonged by the Bombay High Court on Thursday till June 13.
In March, a magistrate’s court summoned Mr Khan and his bodyguard Nawaz Shaikh to appear on April 5.

The ruling came after journalist Ashok Pandey accused the couple of threatening and assaulting him.

Mr Khan had challenged the summons in court last month. The supreme court delayed the summons until May 5. Mr Shaikh, Mr Khan’s bodyguard, later challenged the summons.

On Thursday, the petitions were heard by Justice NJ Jamadar. The judge postponed Mr Khan’s and his bodyguard’s summons until June 13. Mr Pandey claimed that Mr Khan and Mr Shaikh abused and assaulted him in April 2019 when he was cycling in Mumbai.

This is because Mr. Pandey’s complaint was contradictory and improvised, according to Mr. Khan’s plea. The process was issued to Mr Khan and Mr Shaikh on March 23 after a police report indicated that the accused persons had committed offences under Indian Penal Code Sections 504 (intentional insult with intent to incite breach of peace) and 506 (criminal intimidation).

Mr Pandey claimed the actor seized his phone while cycling on a Mumbai street as journalists began photographing him. In his complaint, Mr Pandey said the actor had argued with him and threatened him.

A procedure is issued when a metropolitan or judicial magistrate receives a complaint from an individual. The magistrate court issues the process if the complaint has prima facie basis.

After the process is issued, the accused must appear in court.

What do you think?

ZZED Reporter

Written by ZZED Reporter

Leave a Reply


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

Basavaraj Bommai

Basavaraj Bommai says he is ready to visit Delhi anytime the BJP high command summons.

india-pak border

A Pakistani drone was discovered in Jammu and returned after the Border Force opened fire.