- A couple in Madhya Pradesh has enlisted the help of security guards and dogs to protect the mangoes.
- These mangoes are grown in Miyazaki, Japan’s Kyushu prefecture (thus the name).
A couple in Madhya Pradesh has enlisted the help of security guards and guard dogs to safeguard a very rare crop in India: the Miyazaki mango, which is primarily farmed in Japan. A man on a train, according to the couple, gave them the plant’s seedling.
The mango is popular for its different appearance:
The mango is well-known for its distinct appearance and colour from the common mango kinds found in India and Southeast Asia. The fruit was ruby-coloured, according to the Madhya Pradesh couple. “Egg of the Sun” is another name for these mangoes (Taiyo-no-Tamago in Japanese).
These mangoes are grown in Miyazaki, Japan’s Kyushu prefecture (thus the name). These mangoes are over 350 grammes in weight and have a sugar level of 15% or greater.
Here’s everything you need to know about Japan’s beautiful mango varieties:
- These mangoes are grown between April and August, as per the Miyazaki local products and trade promotion centre in Japan.
- According to Japanese media sources, Miyazaki mangoes are among the most costly globally, selling about 2.70 lakh per kilogramme in the international market last year.
- According to the Japanese trade promotion centre, the Miyazaki is a variety of “irwin” mango distinct from the yellow “pelican mango” that is extensively farmed in Southeast Asia.
- Mangoes from Miyazaki are exported throughout Japan, and their production volume is second only to Okinawa.
- According to the rade promotion centre, these mangoes are high in antioxidants and include beta-carotene and folic acid, making them ideal for people who suffer from sleepy eyes. They also aid in the prevention of eyesight loss.
- Mango manufacturing began in Miyazaki in the late 1970s and early 1980s, according to local press reports. According to reports, farmers in Miyazaki were able to start mango farming due to the city’s mild weather, long hours of sunlight, and plentiful rain. It is now the most popular products in the area.
- Before being exported across the island country, Miyazaki mangoes are subjected to rigorous inspection and testing. “Eggs of the Sun” are those that meet the highest quality level.
- The colour of these mangoes is frequently fiery red, and their shape resembles that of dinosaur eggs.