- The Congress initiative has not acknowledged Navjot Singh Sidhu’s acquiescence and asked the nearby party authority to determine the matter.
- Sidhu was selected as the President of the Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee (PPCC) on July 23.
- Sidhu’s abdication as state party chief has escalated the emergency in the Punjab Congress and set off conversations.
Sidhu’s abdication as state party chief on Tuesday has escalated the emergency in the Punjab Congress and set off conversations and thoughts in the party.
He had been having conversations over political improvements in Punjab throughout the previous two days with his central consultant Mohammad Mustafa.
However, his surrender came as a shock; Sidhu took the choice late on Monday after a long-distance race meeting with Mustafa, a previous chief general of police (DGP)- rank official.
Sidhu was selected as the President of the Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee (PPCC) on July 23.
Here are the most recent improvements in Punjab after Sidhu’s abdication:
• Congress general secretary (association) KC Venugopal named Sidhu’s renunciation letter “enthusiastic response”. “All will be great,” Venugopal said when gotten some information about Sidhu’s acquiescence.
• Congress MLA Bawa Henry said every one of the issues would be settled soon. “There are 3-4 issues. They are being talked about in the party discussion. Party central leadership will settle them,” Henry told columnists on Tuesday.
• Punjab pastors Pargat Singh and Amrinder Singh Raja Warring met Sidhu at his home in Patiala yesterday. “There are some minor issues that emerged out of certain errors and will be settled tomorrow (Wednesday),” Warring told columnists while leaving Sidhu’s home.
• A progression of abdications poured in after Sidhu put in his papers. Finally, a priest and three Congress pioneers thought about near Sidhu, ventured down from their posts. Among those were Malerkotla MLA Razia Sultana, the spouse of Mohammad Mustafa.
• This came as a hit to the Congress initiative, which thought the emergency in Punjab – set off by the fight among Sidhu and previous boss clergyman Amarinder Singh – was over when Sidhu was designated the head of the party’s Punjab unit obviously against the last’s desires.
• Congress pioneer Sunil Jakhar hit out at Navjot Singh Sidhu over his abdication as Punjab unit boss and said, “what stands compromised was the confidence rested in him by the Congress authority”.
The comments were in light of the remarks made by Sidhu in his abdication letter shipped off Sonia Gandhi, in which he said he could “never compromise” on Punjab’s future. Sidhu had supplanted Jhakhar as PCC boss.
• After Sidhu’s acquiescence, Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) boss Sukhbir Singh Badal said he is a “misinformed rocket” that doesn’t have the foggiest idea about its objective. “He is a vain man,” Badal said.
• Bharatiya Janata Party pioneer Tarun Chugh designated Navjot Singh Sidhu over his acquiescence as Punjab Congress boss and claimed that he couldn’t bear an individual from Scheduled Caste people group has turned into the main pastor of Punjab. Chugh asserted that Sidhu is “ravenous” for the post of the boss priest.
• The head of Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP) Punjab unit Bhagwant Mann blamed the Congress for “annoying” the state and its kin in their “battle for the seat”.
• Sidhu’s renunciation came not long before previous Punjab boss pastor Amarinder Singh visited Delhi.