- Congress pioneer Charanjit Singh Channi is scheduled to accept the vow as Punjab’s sixteenth boss priest on Monday at 11 am.
- Three-time MLA from Chamkaur Sahib voting demographic, the Dalit leader has in no time ascended through the positions.
Three-time MLA from Chamkaur Sahib voting demographic, the Dalit leader has in no time ascended through the positions.
Channi was brought into the world in Punjab’s Bhajauli town close to Kurali in 1963. His family was comfortable in Malaysia, where his dad worked, yet they got back to India in 1955 and got comfortable Kharar town of the SAS Nagar area of Punjab.
Here are the most recent turns of events:
• Congress pioneer Rahul Gandhi will probably not go to the pledge taking function, news office ANI announced.
• The party’s Punjab in-control Harish Rawat said on Sunday that there would be two vice president priests in the state. “One vice president pastor will be from Jat Sikh people group, and the other will be from the Hindu people group,” he was cited as saying by ANI.
• According to Congress pioneers, the social occasion at the function will be little, comprising 40 individuals.
• Meanwhile, Union clergyman Meenakshi Lekhi said on Sunday that it involves 4-6 months, and individuals will pick its main pastor once more.
• Amarinder Singh ventured down from the post of Punjab boss clergyman following a long time of infighting among him and Punjab Congress boss Navjot Singh Sidhu.
• The abdication came not exactly an hour before the Congress held an assembly party (CLP) meeting. The gathering was initially intended to alleviate the party’s infighting between the Singh and Sidhu camps. Yet, after previous’ acquiescence, conversations were hung on picking the following boss pastor of Punjab.
• Channi was consistently chosen as the Leader of the Congress Legislature Party (CLP) of Punjab and is set to take over as next boss clergyman following Captain Amarinder Singh’s acquiescence.
• Channi was a specialized training priest in Amarinder Singh’s bureau.
• He faces the overwhelming assignment of controlling the ceaseless infighting, which will probably not ebb even after Amarinder Singh’s exit and could arise as really difficult for a party attempting to hold power in the state.
• Channi should get straight down to business to satisfy the 18-highlight do rundown of forthcoming guarantees that the central leadership gave to Amarinder three months prior for execution before the state surveys.